Tuesday, November 5, 2013

The Italian Resurrection

I had a really hard time finding this information, and I finally had to look up each individual state's history on Wikipedia.org.  I'm putting it here so I, and others, can find it easily when we need it again. If there's anything wrong with my findings, please let me know!

1850                           
  • Austria:  Lombardia, Veneto, Trentio-Alto Adige, Friuli-Venezia Giulia, and Toscana
  • Sardinia-Piemonte: Piemonte, Valle d'Aosta, Liguria, and Sardena
  • Papal States: Emilia-Romagna, Marche, Umbria, Lazio
  • Kingdom of Two Sicilies: Abruzzo, Molise, Puglia, Campania, Basilicata, Calabria, Sicilia

1861
  • Papal States: Lazio
  • Kingdom of Lombardy-Veneto: Veneto, Fruili-Venizia Giulia
  • Kingdom of Italy: Everything else, including the islands of Sardinia and Sicily

No comments: